Wednesday, January 13, 2010

THANKSGIVING '09

We were lucky enough to go to Justin & Amy's house for Thanksgiving this year. I just started a job at Sunsations, so I ended up having to work the day before Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving, but we did spend the night on Thanksgiving. Thanks for letting us come and spend time with you!

Here are the appetizers. I made the traditional blessing mix that I do every year. Each item represents something about Thanksgiving.
Bugles - represent the cornucopia
Pretzels - represent arms folded in thanks
Candy corn - represent the pilgrims eating only 5 pieces of corn that first Thanksgiving
Nuts - represent the seeds that are planted each year
Orange slices - represent the fruits of a bountiful harvest
I hope that everyone enjoys this as much as I do!


Amy was so prepared. She bought different games for the kids to keep them entertained. We played Pin the Hat on the Turkey, and J-I-N-G-O (Thanksgiving bingo). Here are the kids playing Pin the Hat on the Turkey:

Johnny

Kate


Dawson (he peeked everytime - it was hilarious)

Andrew

Faith
Britney opted not to play - LOL!

Here are the tables set up SO pretty.

Preparing the dinner and carving the dinner:



Mary, Britney, Amy, and me:

Enjoying our dinner:




No comments: