Wednesday, December 8, 2010

PUT THE FOOT DOWN

Every year, we do a gift of love for our children. It is something that is homemade. I love this, because it makes us make time to do a gift that hopefully they will treasure. Last year, I made bean heating bags for the kids (cause they always still mine.) It was fun to pick out the fabric and put them together. A very simple project. They looked like this, but each child has a bag that matches their personality.


This year, I saw a scripture bag on my friend Jenny's blog and thought how awesome that would be to sew a bag.
This is her bag that she made and posted on her blog. Cute huh?

Joann's was moving, so when I took the girls to their appointment with Dr. Finlayson in Utah, I managed to stop by Hobby Lobby and have the girls pick out their fabric. I know that it is absolutely killing Faith that she doesn't know what I am making. (So help me keep the secret please!) Here are the fabrics they chose.

Kate's

Faith's


I decided to take a road trip (yes, by myself) and head out to meet her in Kimberly. She spent the entire day with me, teaching me to sew.


I've sewed 1 other thing in my life (Mom helped me with the bags last year), so you can imagine that I would be a little nervous. But her sewing machine was awesome. I would really like one like that ($1800 worth of a sewing machine can get you a lot - who knew???) The machine would beep at me and flash a picture of what I needed to do ... mostly put the foot down.

You'll have to wait to see the finished product.

No onto making Dawson a hat that he will love and wear. This is the pattern that I bought - lower left hand corner will be his. Joann's had an awesome deal, so I saved quite a bit of money on the fabric.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually like sewing. And Jenny, I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: