Sunday, October 4, 2009

GENEROUS THOUGHT

I have really enjoyed conference weekend. It is sometimes challenging to really listen when kids are fighting, laughing, touching each other, etc. This year, I also had a difficult time staying awake. We are blessed to be able to receive the Ensign and read and re-read so many great and inspiring talks.

I have to admit that I enjoyed the Relief Society general meeting the most (probably because the lack of children.) Sister Beck talked about changing the name of enrichment and visiting teaching; Sister Allred talked about missionary work; Sister Thompson talked about guarding the gaps in our lives; and finally, President Eyring talked about the legacy of Relief Society being in charity. His talk was my favorite. He quoted Sister Camilla Kimball (President Kimball's wife) when she said, "Never suppress a generous thought." My goal for the next 6 months is to do just that. If no one suppressed a generous thought, I think that the poor would be clothed, the hungry would be fed, and the lonely would have visitors.

I always enjoy hearing what your favorite talk was during conference. If you have a favorite, be sure to post a comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is what I wanted to remember from that talk also. So good huh!