Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"THE STAR" - CHRISTMAS TREE 2009

The second Christmas Brandon and I shared, we bought a tree. We got all of the decorations and everything to make it beautiful. But, I could not find the right star. For me, I really wanted a star that had white lights and 'fit' our tree. Each year since Christmas 2000, we have been searching, and we finally found a star. Kate also noticed the importance of the star and talked about putting on the star the entire decorating time.

Side note: this is real life. We put up our tree far after Thanksgiving in a bit of a rush, so please ignore the small messes in our front room.

Kate picked up every ornament and said, "I put it on. The star." It was so adorable.


Starting at the bottom. Here is Faith, Dawson, and Kate putting the branches on.


Checking out the star to make sure that it would fit with our tree and the ceiling. Good news ... it worked!


Starting the lights. I always start at the bottom and wrap around each branch. This, by far, is the longest part of the decorating process and takes quite a bit of time. The tree makes Brandon break out on his arms, so I get to make sure that it is perfect.


During the light process, the kids hopped in the Christmas Tree tote and here are a few of the pics.






Finishing the decorating:



Topping the tree:





The finished product for 2009:




No comments: