Tuesday, August 25, 2009

FIRST DAY JITTERS

We were lucky enough to do 'first day jitters' twice this year.

On Monday, Faith went to school and had 2 hour early release. She truly enjoyed herself and I think that this year is going to be a good one for her. Her teacher is Mrs. Collett and she is now officially a 3rd grader. (Yikes, yes, I am feeling my age right now.) She said that her first day was good. Ian and Marrissa S. sit by her. She also got a very fun 'brown bag' assignment (pick five 3D items that describe yourself that fit in the bag and present to your classmates.)


Faith in front of our red door.



Dawson in front of our red door on Tuesday ready for kindergarten.



Sister and brother holding hands getting ready to walk to the bus.


Me being told that I can't take pictures at the actual bus stop as to not embarrass the children.

Faith dropped him off at his door, and I later found out that she was late to class. (Hopefully this will not be a regular occurrence.)

When asked how his day went, he said, "The bus was the best ever." How was kindergarten? "It's a lot like preschool mom." (long pause) "I didn't get in any fights." (big smile)

How can you resist such a cute kid with fun words like that? I guess that we made it through the first day jitters and are ready to learn, grow, and have fun!

5 comments:

Josi said...

So funny and super cute!

Robyn said...

Good to hear that your kids are loving school so far. I am very nervous about Hallee's first day- I have the first day jitters too! Hopefully she won't get in any fights either! :)

Ma Van Tassell said...

How sweet that they go together. They are so loving--it breaks my heart that little Dawson is starting school--I can remember his dad's first day. . .

McKenzie said...

Oh, first day of school!! I can't believe you have 2 in school now! Wow! I'm glad Dawson like the bus, heehee!

Sondra said...

Dawson is such a crack up. No fights huh? Has that been a problem? :-D

I can't believe you couldn't take pictures at the bus stop. When they are only in 3rd grade. sooooo sad. You'll never get a picture in Jr. High or High School. Take them while you can.