Thursday, August 6, 2009

THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

There are days that all of us have, as I'm sure that you know. The days where things are going wrong, and there is nothing to smile about. In fact, those are the days when I have to try and remind myself to breathe. Those are the days when I really need to make a list of what makes me happy.

Hopefully you can make your own list for those not-so-great days.

1. The kids that scream to 'start a show' or drown my flower bed with too much water. They really make me smile and keep things interesting.

2. The husband that doesn't say anything when he comes home to a messy house with yummy smells around or a clean house with no dinner cooking. He really cares about me and loves me no matter what. A friend commented on Saturday, "I seem to see you everywhere. The gym. The ball field. Stake baptisms. The stores. You are everywhere. But I notice that you never have your children with you!" That's because he is always willing to do his share and give me a break from the 'interesting.'

3. Friends and phone calls. Isn't it so nice when you receive a phone call when you are having a bad day? Friends can make you laugh and always know when something isn't quite right. I am blessed with so many great friends that I can't help but smile when I think of all of their smiling faces.

4. A good thunderstorm. The smell is like nothing else and really gets me smiling.

5. A good book. At times, I enjoy diving into another world for a quick escape of a chapter or two. I love to laugh out loud and smile at the little things.

6. Music. Our last anniversary was filled with surprise ~ a new piano. At times of stress, a little tinkling of the ivories really calms me down. I smile for the sounds of something that I can make my fingers do.

I love having the vinyl in my kitchen that says, "Come what may and Love it!" -Joseph B. Wirthlin

It's important to remember that each has challenges, trials, and bad days, but we should enjoy whatever comes our way and LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Echo said...

Oh Zoey! what an inspiration! I loved your comments, infact...I think I will make my own "happy list". It was great talking to you the other day, nice to hear a familiar voice.

Stacey said...

You are one wise lady! Thanks for the thought!

Josi said...

Thanks for the reminders of how grateful we should be for all we have. I always appreciate your phone calls just to see how I am doing. You are a great friend!

Ashley Reno said...

Thanks for the chat yeasterday. It was good to talk to you. I love the "come what may and love it" quote. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.