Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2nd STOP - NASSAU

The capital of the Bahamas - Nassau (pronounced nas-saw).

We went on the Stingray Adventure with a large group of Wireless Without Limits. It was a blast. We thought that water was blue at Freeport, until we saw this water.




We rode a ferry over. Here are a few pictures going over.


Atlantis resort


More buildings.

This is the area where the stingrays were kept. There were 17 stingrays total.



The females are much larger, males are smaller. This is a female.


The women line up on the shallow side, men on the deeper side about 2 feet apart. Then they train the stingrays to go through and get food. They gave us squid to hold between your fingers and the stingrays would smell the food, swim over, and then suck it right out of your fingers. A very weird sensation.

Halfway through, Brandon asked me if I was going to touch the stingray. I told him I already did. He didn't believe me. I got his attention and then 'touched' the stingray, which is why my fingers/hand look a little funny. So, this is for camera purposes only.


This is me holding the stingray. I got talked into it, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!


Brandon holding 'Rhonda' too.



Towards the end, the trainer was showing us fun things. Like when you hold a stingray up out of the water, they spray water out of all of the holes. Unfortunately this is the underwater camera, so it didn't click fast enough. This was super funny though.



The beach.

Say cheese for the camera.


A trail on the island.


Pirate's cove sign.

Sunset from the cruise ship before we departed.




No comments: