Sunday, December 6, 2009

STITCHES

So the picture is a little fuzzy, but I have to tell you the best story. Yes, I've been married for 10 years. Yes, I know how to sew and even have a sewing machine to use to sew paper (LOL). But ask me if I have ever mended a single item in the 10 + years that we've been married. The answer: "NO!" until Friday night. Kate's coat (hand me down from Faith) needed fixing. The mitten which is attached to the coat (have I mentioned how much great it is to have mitten already attached? I highly recommend it) was ripped off. It has been sitting in the bottom of the coat closet for a month. Friday night, I retrieved it from the closet, grab black thread and a needle (I know but it was between black and white, so I opted for black), and proceeded to mend her coat. What did Brandon say? "Are you feeling okay?" I said yes, and that it was about time to fix something instead of throw it away.
The verdict. It wasn't too bad. It took about 5 minutes and you wouldn't know unless you looked too close. I will definitely try it again sometime!!! There is a first time for everything I guess! LOL!

No comments: