Wednesday, October 9, 2013

STUDY THE GENERAL CONFERENCE TALKS - OCTOBER 2013

Last General Conference, I challenged myself and a group of family and friends to join with me and re-read and study these amazing talks from our Prophet and Apostles. Each week, we focused on a talk.  I marked up my Ensign and used my smart phone to study at random places and times.  It was truly an amazing experience. For the first time ever, I could tell anyone what each of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve talked about the previous conference.  My testimony grew and I am recommitting to studying the talks from October's General Conference.  I hope that you will choose to join with me!  Write your comments at Happy Clean Living (my Aunt's blog) here.  I promise!  It will be worth your time!

I have made a little handout to stick in your scriptures, Ensign, or to hang on your fridge.  Each week, there is an article/talk to study and a place where you can check it off!  This conference, there was one extra talk, so I put the extra one the week of February 10th (Scott and Monson). But really, you could study it whenever.  Also, some will want to study their stake's choice for Teaching For Our Times that week, which makes the tally marks extra helpful if you choose to study them in a different order.

You can print like a photo or copy and paste two on a sheet to handout with visiting teaching, etc. If you would like a PDF of the two on a sheet, please comment with your email address and I will send it to you.

I hope that you will take this challenge with me!  It has changed my life and I will continue to read and study and watch the blessings multiply!

(Please note, that this does not include the Priesthood Session or the General Relief Society Session.  You'll have to do some double duty if you would like to study those as well!)

No comments: