Monday, May 12, 2014

TO BE A MOM

Mother's Day is always a fun day! Breakfast in bed (thank you Brandon for the pumpkin french toast.) Being lazy with late church. Unwrapping great gifts from great children. This year I received a peppermint sugar scrub that Faith made, a dish towel and rock by Dawson, and bookmark and beautiful words from Kate.



Dear mom,
I love you because you are the best cook. You make the best cookies in the world. She helps me with school work.
Love
Kate

She has taken over the bookmark, but it says, "Moms are like bookmarks. They always give us a place to come back to and help keep us from getting lost along the way." 



Each year I look forward to receiving the next book in the Walk series. 2011 - Miles to Go. 2012 - The Road to Grace. 2013 - A Step of Faith. And finally 2014 - Walking on Water.

Two of my favorite quotes from this series are:

"Procrastination is the thief of dreams."

"Some people in this world have stopped looking for beauty, then wonder why their lives are so ugly."

And many more quotes have really changed my life and made me decide that I need to really live and do fun, crazy, memorable things every day. If you haven't read this series, don't miss out. It's one of my favorites!

Faith letting me do her hair as part of Mother's Day. I think that she is looking so grown up!!!

We missed out on the big dinner because we had church, but went over later to just so Happy Mother's Day! We also had time to visit Grandma Zoey and Grandma Kathy. It was great to be able to spend a little bit of time with each of our mothers!

I'll agree that being a mom is the hardest, but most rewarding job on earth. Thank you mom for all you did to help me! I'm sure it wasn't easy, or fun sometimes. I love you!

My mom and me together!

No comments: