Monday, October 5, 2015

MORMON SUPERBOWL OCTOBER 2015 - EPIC

We were so excited for General Conference this year! In case you don't know what it is, our leaders speak to us in 6 different session to instruct us on this we should do and not do. It is very uplifting and enlightening! It's also something that we look forward to every 6 months (the first weekend in October and the first weekend in April.)

We LOVE conference. It is a holiday at our house. Our kids are always saddened and shocked to learn that their friends don't do what we do. And this year, Faith almost started crying when the last session came on because it ends so quickly.

I also like to pump up those with whom I visit teach. It's fun to share a message and give a treat to those sisters. I hope that they enjoyed conference as much as we did! This year, I did a post it note idea found at The Mormon Home! She did an incredible job and I'm excited to see if my sister used their post it notes! Thank you Mormon Home!!!

For starters, we sleep in tents like the people of King Benjamin when they came to hear the prophet speak. Here is Miss Kate in a single tent this time! 

Then, we make and buy treats and special foods that we don't normally have. This time, I made Twix marshmallow treats, twix bars, and homemade rolls.





Then we bought a couple of treats. Spray cheese and the fruit tray always happen at our house. This year was also highlighted by peeps and the Kirkland macadamia caramel nut clusters. Yep! We were spoiled!

For awhile now, we've been calling it the Mormon Superbowl. And while I was preparing for General Conference, I had this wild and crazy thought. Like, let's actually make this like a superbowl party. Friday night on Conference Eve, we ordered pizza (I highly recommend this as I was able to prep all the other treats without having to cook dinner!)

Then, I wanted everyone to wear sports shirts! Texas Longhorns



Dawson is wearing a Highland rams shirt but likes to be snuggled during conference!

And Kate wanted to set up the half tent to watch conference, which was fun! Another Highland rams!

  
This was Sunday's picture! Aren't we twinners?

Part of the Superbowl idea was to recap all of the sessions of conference. Here they are:

RS Session

Saturday AM Session

Saturday PM Session

Priesthood Session

Sunday AM Session

Sunday PM Session

I can honestly say that I usually have a couple favorites for all of the sessions of conference. But this session. Holy Smokes!!! Each and every talk spoke to me. So many great and wonderful messages from the Lord. I also am doing a General Conference group through email where we will study out each talk between now and the next session of General Conference.

Kate also wanted to fill out our other conference poster that we have framed. This will be exciting to use when it is updated. Just hope I can find it on the world wide web again! This was about 1/2 way through. She wrote names of who got to write what they were talking about. It's tricky though because Faith means faith, not our sister/daughter Faith. Hence the Faith Jolley!

My love of conference has spilled over to friends and I hope that you find motivation here too! I asked for pictures from Texas and New York. I was able to receive some from NY and hope to get TX ones next time!

Byleigh thinks I'm weird, so she wouldn't look at the camera!


 The littles!

Homecooking!!!

Thank you for sharing Beauchat family! We love and miss you!


My last idea was to do the MVP of conference for each of my family members. Most Valuable Player or Most Valuable Prophet ... however you decide to look at it!

Kate loved both of President Uchtdorf's talks. 

Dawson too loved Uchtdorf! He has such a great way of speaking!!!

Faith loved Elder Durrant's talk "My heart pondereth them continually."

I really couldn't choose, but in the end decided that Elder Foster's talk would be my MVP as it answered a lot of questions that I had been pondering this time.

Brandon picked the same one as Faith did and boy, I will be ponderizing conference for quite awhile.

Why can't we see his face? Well, on Saturday, Brandon went to the doctor to find out he had pneumonia. He says it phonetically if you can imagine that. Try saying it a couple times. So not feeling good = no pictures!

So this weekend worked out to be a great one ... full of family, the spirit, and great food and snacks. So blessed to be able to listen to the Prophet. His talk was a powerful one that I hope to re listen to soon! If you haven't made conference a priority in your life, I promise you that it will bless your life! Make it a priority and make your own traditions around this special holiday!!!

No comments: