Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Demo

I believe that all guys love to demo!!! Brandon is no exception. Starting with the moldy corner:
Other side of the shower:
Maybe if he jumps up and down, it will go faster:
As you can see here, there was a layer of black stuff, insulation, and then thin plastic over the insulation. Hence why the insulation is black/gray. The stuff already in the tub was worse, but we didn't want to get more stuff in the air by that point:
Getting the tub out of the bathroom:
To get to the plumbing, we had to rip off our baseboard heater. Who needs to remove wallpaper? Let's just paint over it - at least that's what past owners did.
The plumbing from view of dining room. See all of the rotting sheetrock:
The view of where the sink cabinet was:
Pipe to the bathtub. They just set the drain of the tub over this pipe, nothing attaching it:

Sink pipe that fell out of the wall during fixing (ewww), but I figured that this would be better to add for demo pictures:
The part that stayed in the wall. Pretty isn't it?
And, to go along with the wallpaper, who needs to rip up floor if you can just put more flooring on top of it? This MUST be orignial:
And, finally, this is my favorite picture I think. We had a great laugh about painting around the toilet, but I guess that it's normal. We saw at least 3 different colors.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ah the great joys of home ownership. It reminds me of remodeling Sondra's house when we lived there. It is so not fun living in a remodel mess. I feel for you.

The Z-Pack said...

WOW. That's all I can think to say. At least now I know who to go to for advice when we finish our bathroom in the basement!