Friday, May 15, 2009

The joys of remodeling

I thought that I would write a few of our adventures before I posted the pictures.

I believe that most of you know the first incident was the baseboard heater in the dining room. When we removed it to access plumbing, it broke. No big lost since it was probably original to the house (31 years old).

Next, the stamp room flood from the loose nut on the main water valve shut off. The carpet was dried out and is going to make it (unfortunately).

After that we had to cut a hole in the ceiling of the downstairs bathroom to reach more plumbing.

We re textured the walls three times, re tiled the bathroom floor twice, went through four bathroom cabinets, and have spent the last 7 1/2 weeks working on this. I also postponed potty training (I will post on this soon.)

But, for all of this hard work, it will be worth it. We will enjoy a bathroom and not have to worry what we are breathing in every time we bathe.

1 comment:

Sondra said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of the finished bathroom. I've enjoyed the old bathroom and demo blog. I've been terrible about commenting - sooo busy.

But, in the end it WILL be worth it. It's just a long time 7 1/2 weeks -- to have to run downstairs - wink... Have a great weekend!

BTW - I hope your mother's day was awesome - you Mother of the Year!!!