Friday, May 1, 2009

Update - Miss Kate & Facebook/Email



Just wanted to let everyone know that Brandon helped fix my facebook and email. Again, I will not send anything with attachments for awhile . . . Hopefully everything is back to normal on the technology front. YEAH!!!


Miss Kate had an appointment with another doctor in Utah who listened to us and decided to do a sinus x-ray. As it turns out, where the x-ray should be dark, it is a 'snow blizzard' which means her sinuses are completely blocked full of infection. Her tubes are pushed to an angle and her throat looks bad because of all the drainage. His recommendation:
1 - to clean out her sinuses and widen one of the holes on each side
2 - to do a revision adenoidectomy if needed (adenoids can grow back, especially when taken out so young)
3 - replace the tubes

I know what you are thinking. WHAT? Replace the tubes? These were just put in in March. The problem with the tubes are because of all of the pressure from her sinuses, the are at an angle and pushing out. The maximum they will last is another two months. So, unless we want to do surgery another month after this surgery, the best option is to do it all at the same time.



While she continues to improve, I trust my instincts as a mother to fight for our baby girl for the best health. She is so much fun and has very little fear. Here she is on our headboard! So, please keep us in your prayers,

3 comments:

Sondra said...

Oh no!! Another surgery?? Poor little Kate. I would trust my instincts too and do it all now. I cannot believe she has had to go through all of this. Of course we will keep her in our prayers.

Do you know when you will go to SLC for the surgery?

Yeah! I'm glad you were able to get the technical stuff fixed. My paypal account was broken into a couple of years ago and now I have different passwords for everything. I have them all written down and have to look at my list to know what the password is. After your problem - I went in to facebook and changed my password again. Too bad for all those mean and terrible people out there!!

Echo said...

That's just too bad! Good for you for having confidence in your motherly insticts! Hope everything goes well.

Sondra said...

I gave you an blogging award. You sure do deserve it. Stop by and pick it up. You have to complete the 4 steps on top of the blog to receive and give out the award to 10 friends. Have fun!