Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MISS KATE'S PROGRESS

Many of you have asked me about Kate and how she is doing, so I thought that I would post another update.


Her last surgery was in May. That was pretty traumatic for Mom and Dad, but she did beautifully after a quick infection. We had a re-check in June and everything looked great.

She has a runny nose occasionally, but never pulls on her ears. We have used the humidifier quite a bit and plan on continuing that throughout the winter. If you remember before, the longest she went was 6 weeks without an infection or being on antibiotics. I am happy to report that it has been over 3 months since she has had an infection.

(playing peek-a-boo with the camera)

Yesterday, she was feeling a little under the weather. We are just hoping that it is allergies and not anything more! Even if it is an infection starting, we are blessed to have her off of antibiotics so long. She is really talking now. She actually is growing and developing too! Wonderful news!

She has had a hard adjustment with the kids going off to school. She told us yesterday: "I want to ride the bus!" Hopefully she can enjoy her childhood now! School will be just moments away.

3 comments:

Sondra said...

Such wonderful news! Hippie! I'm glad that she is having sick free days and that she has really started to speak well. That is great. Now your baby is home all alone - but you are right, before you know it she will be off on the bus too. I love your background!

I've kinda been in a blogging funk as you probably have guessed. I hope it's over now. I think it's just so busy when school, sports, canning and fall begins that I have been plain tired. I think I am finding a balance now and can get back to blogging and commenting. Take care! And I love you a bunch!

Echo said...

That's great news! She is so darn cute!

Zoey said...

Yikes! She has viral pneumonia now! It's a very sad thing because there is nothing we can do about it besides humidifier, rest, fluids, etc. Hopefully it won't be a full 3 weeks before she feels better.