Friday, January 14, 2011

COUPON ELF DISASTER

My dear friend McKenzie has an elf on the shelf that she raves about. I saw this cute little guy (complete with the book) on a coupon deal and thought, yeah, we are going to have an elf on the shelf.
It was from Barnes and Noble, so I thought that I would also order "Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing."


It is an amazing book for those of you who have not heard of this book, written by the same author that wrote "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."

Anyways, back on track. I received the package, read the children both books, talked about naming our elf (Niko), and was about the take him out when Brandon came home. He asked about it and then said, "Don't we usually talk about what traditions we are going to start" etc. I felt terrible, horrible, rotten. Really. I completely spaced talking to him about it.

Niko stayed in his box the entire Christmas season. I do not know if he will appear at our house. He just might be up for sale next year!!!

No comments: