Friday, January 14, 2011

O TANNENBAUM!

This year, putting up our Christmas tree was done with haste. We needed to get that tree up and not delay, as time flies with even greater speed during the holidays.

We have a tradition that the first Monday after Thanksgiving, we put up the tree. The children have ornaments that they put up each year, and then we have more traditional ornaments and bows that we also adorn our tree with.



This year, I also thought that it was funny that on my favorite radio station, they asked what is the most used topper for a tree used around the world. The answer, an angel. The Jolley's choice: a star. Why a star? " The star was the heavenly sign of promises long ago. God promised a Savior for the world, and the star was the sign of fullfillment of His promise." I would add that as we look for the star, we are looking to find the Savior in our hearts and to follow Him. And the Lord has other promises that will yet be fulfilled if we are but faithful and endure to the end.


This year, we are missing many of our pictures because Brandon was working on car troubles and I sent Dawson to help him. (The tree branches make Brandon itch tremendously, so each year, I put the tree together.) Imagine my surprise that I saw Dawson lying in a pile of hard snow, attempting to make a snow angel, while Brandon was working. It was very humorous!

Here are the pictures of the children playing in the tote that holds the Christmas tree.

I can be a mummy!


I can do that too, only better!


Move over, there is room for two!


My new favorite toy:


Oh yeah!


This is too swishy!



I can't wait for Christmas!!!


Ahhh, the joy of the holidays! (And, no, I did NOT get a picture of just the tree this year. You will see part of the tree on Christmas day.)

No comments: