Saturday, November 23, 2013

WHEN I'M GONE

Sometime this summer, I realized that Tyler and Anya would be moving. I knew this with plenty of time to spare so that I could be strong for them. You see, my heart has already been breaking and still cries when I think about other dear friends who have moved. Friends that are family. The Warth family. The Bohney family.

And then in August, Bryleigh had her appendix rupture. I was blessed to find extra time to be with them and her. Miracle rain started in August too. You remember the posts. Their lawn was basically burnt up and yellow. But then it was magically green.

And September brought a yard sale and Anya selling everything she could. Anya cleaned, declutter, and painted like a mad woman. She had a goal and she also knew that this was no longer home. She posted on a couple sites on Facebook and within a couple of hours had had several calls for Roxie, their dog. Another miracle and tender mercy. The whole family ended up sick, but she continued on.

October. Anya suffers from insomnia and so do I. She started posting hug tugging posts on Facebook like this one, "True friendshipis like the asphalt of life. It fills the potholes and makes the journey smooth." (Richard G. Scott) A house goes on the market and less than 3 days later, it was sold. No coincidences. Just tender mercies for one of the best families in the world. Friends that we call family.


November. I had a surprise business trip to Florida, so Anya surprised me on a Saturday night to take a piece of each other with us. What was that piece?

In true Anya fashion, we went and had our nails painted. I got zebra with pink. Anya got an orange nail with flowers.

The radio was playing while we got them done. And now I have a song for them too. "When I'm gone"


I got my ticket for the long way round
Two bottles of whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leaving tomorrow
what you say


When I'm gone...
When I'm gone..
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere
Oh, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone


When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk...Ohh
You're gonna miss me by my talk
Oh, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone


I got my ticket for the long way round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers
Its got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you


When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk
Oh, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone


When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere
Oh, you're sure gonna miss me when I'm gone


When I'm gone
When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk
Oh, you're gonna miss me when I'm gone


We headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for a quick dinner and to WalMart for a couple of items.

On the way to Florida, I realized something funny. My luggage has Zebra tape on it so that I can find it easily at the airport. It matched my fingernail!!!

Right after I got back, it was time to say goodbye. I borrow her van to wash it and vacuum it out, as well as get her an ISU shirt. As Faith and I were driving to the mall, something happened. "When I'm gone" came on the radio again.

Friday night, we headed over to the Beauchats to say just that with a special card.



I returned early Saturday morning to take one last selfie. I was running a little late, so there was no time for tears that day.

Brandon had tears bad that night and the next day. I was okay until the middle of the week, and then the tears happened as I knew they would. Another part of our heart left Idaho.

We love and miss you Beauchat family! We hope that you continue to post pictures of your beautiful smiles! Good luck in New York and don't forget us ... because we miss you when you're gone!

No comments: