Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Family Anniversary - an upcoming event

I am excited that our family anniversary (number 8) is approaching in about 2 1/2 weeks (February 7th). This is the date that we were sealed together in the Idaho Falls Temple, making us an eternal family. Brandon and I would like to do something special this day, but I do have to work all day. It looks like it will just be the night. Do you have any ideas for us to make this a fun event? I thought about a movie or something that the kids would really like, but would love to hear your suggestions and comments.

Here are 2 pictures from our quick stop to Shoshoni Falls (right by Twin Falls) this summer during our vacation.


5 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

Congrats on the Anniversary!!! Yeah the kids love movies, I also think like swimming or the hot pools is always fun??

McKenzie said...

what about the Fun Zone or going Skating? Bowling? ummm...thinking

Just Us said...

I am so glad my sister told me that the Jensen girls (well some of them) have blogs! I am excited to keep up with you guys and love your gift idea for christmas...I have also heard 1 fun, 1 need, 1 educational-but I like this one better! Congrats on your anniversary-each year is proving to be a feat in the society we live in, thank goodness for the gospel and the values we've been taught!
Liz (murphy)

CB said...

If it were me I would do something special that could become a yearly tradtion.

Like have a special meal - doesn't have to be fancy but something you could re-create every year and call it something like "Our Jolley Family Temple Dinner".

Make the table pretty (even with little ones they will think it is special. Also I know you work but you could decorate the evening before?).

Definately talk about the day you were sealed and why it is special.

Take a family picture on this day each year - again doesn't have to be fancy just memorable.

Make dessert together or have an ice cream bar or a chocolate fountain.

Play a game.

Sorry I know you don't know me - I am a friend of Sondra's but I love family and I love creating memories and I love stuff like this.

Good luck and congrats on your sealing anniversary!!

Zoey said...

I think that we are going to go out to eat and watch a movie. The night will be a fun one for us and hopefully a tradition that we can continue!