Monday, March 14, 2011

GREEN RUN

Running has never been my strong suit. However, I am always up for a challenge. Our family ran the 5K in November for Faith's girls on the run. This was my first official race. (This summer will definitely be a challenge --- I can't wait to share it with you as it gets closer.)

After having a long week of training (and pampering) and not being in my own gym, Ang, April, Meg, and I ran the Shamrock Shuffle. It was originally a 5K, but Ang asked if we could a 10K. It was everything I thought that it would be and more. Wa-hoo!

Before the race - me, Ang, and April

I am a cute leprechaun!

My crazy friends!

Yes! Can't wait to do this!

We made it!

74 minutes for my first 10K. Meg and I ran together, while April and Ang ran together.

Running buddies!

Now that I have this first race under my belt, I can continue to train for summer!

No comments: