Friday, March 18, 2011

IRISH DAY FUNNIES

Our day usually consists of green pancakes, but it did not happen this year. Instead, we ate fish patties, which I consider Irish-ish.

I do have two funny stories to share with Dawson and St. Patrick's Day.

In the morning, he did NOT want to wear green. I mean, no way Jose! I tried and tried to get him to wear a green shirt, and finally resorted to asking him if he wanted the kids to pinch him. He said, "You mean the leprechaun doesn't pinch you? The kids do that?"


Last night, I asked him for his homework, and he told me that the leprechaun stole it. We went the rounds, and I finally believed him, thinking that his teacher would probably send an extra page or two on Friday since it was spring break. This morning, I found his homework ... I was furious. I told Brandon the whole story. He spit out the water in his mouth and said, "And YOU believed him!!!" I really did.

I also was able to bring a dear friend of mine lucky charms for St. Patrick's Day.


This is a special holiday and anniversary for their family, since Ang's mom died 14 years ago on St. Patty's Day. So, I brought her the gift and told her I was "LUCKY" to have her for a friend!

No comments: