Friday, January 4, 2013

FAST FACT FRIDAY - STORY OF FAITH'S BIRTH

Dear Faith,

I am excited to tell you about your birth story.

Your dad and I were married November 20, 1999 and couldn't wait to add to our family. January 25th, we received the exciting news that I was expecting. It was the most incredible feeling I had ever felt.

After seeing our doctor, Dr. Breeze, we learned that your due date would be September 30th.  I rarely felt sick with you and only threw up 3 times with you.

All along, I thought I was having a boy.  It was decided that we would name you Dawson Cole.  One Saturday, when I was about 5 months along, I went to the maternity fair at the mall with friends (Heather Miller, Kristi Casper and Lavonne Casper.) Free ultrasounds? Hook us up! After waiting in line, I got the results without your Dad. I bought a very cute pink onesie with a pink headband and wrapped it up.  Imagine his surprise when he opened the present and saw the special news! (Dad was NOT happy I found out without him.)
 


My cravings with you were Taco Bell (I had never liked Mexican, even American-Mexican), swedish fish, and marshmallows.

We struggled to find the right name for you.  We checked out books and killed a tree printing off pages and pages of baby names.  We finally narrowed it down to Maya, Kimber Lee, and Faith.  One day with only a month or so to go, your Aunt Tracy asked, "How about Faith Nicole?"  We knew the moment those words left her lips that that was to be your name. Faith means "to trust".

We were told that you would be born early.  Imagine our surprise when September 30th came and went with no baby!  Here we were thinking you would come early and then nothing.  Can you believe it Faith?



Tuesday, October 3rd, on a very warm Indian fall morning, Brandon and I somehow woke up very early that morning (around 4 am) and talked.  Brandon was at school and came back home to pick me up when he heard my water broke. The doctor started me on pitocin to start labor.  Grandma Cindy also came to braid my hair.  At 6:19 pm, the most beautiful and perfect baby was born.  Dad was right there and cut the cord.  You looked around at everyone, but were so good and didn't even cry.  You were truly perfect, weighing in at 7 Lbs. 6 oz. and 20 1/2 inches.

The first time I saw you, I knew that I was in love all over again.  This time with a baby girl.  We love you more everyday and can't believe what a beautiful young woman you are becoming.  Always remember who you are, return with honor, and don't be a stupid cow!

Love,
Mom

 

No comments: