Friday, November 27, 2015

SUPER MOIST THANKSGIVING 2015

This year was with Brandon's family. We were excited that we would be able to go down to Utah and spend time with Amy and Justin and the kids. And then about 2 weeks before, we figured to out that Brandon was on call. It was a pretty big blow to our plans. Since we couldn't leave the area, we made different plans. We invited the Fa'aga'i's to join, Kathy & Jerry if they didn't go down to Utah, the missionaries, and my parents.

The night before prepping...  Pie shell for the coconut cream pie

Rainbow jello

Blessing mix

That morning, we woke up to fresh powder! They said we got over 4 inches. So glad that we didn't have to drive on slick roads for the holidays.

I put on comfy clothes, a facial mask, and the Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade. My idea of a great morning!!! I also stuffed all of the Christmas cards too. I know, overachiever.

Faith split a cup of water...

Brandon taking out the turkey...

We enjoyed a super moist turkey, mash potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn, rainbow jello, and homemade rolls! It was delicious! We had planned to eat at 1:00 pm. The hardest part of Thanksgiving dinner is the timing. As I pulled out the last tray of rolls and called the family to the table, the clock turned 1:00 pm. That was my absolute favorite part!

Grandpa and Grandma

Faith, Dawson, and Dad

Mom and Kate

And while we were enjoying dinner, these two decided to start talking to their jello. It was really funny!!!


For dessert, we had the choice of coconut cream, pumpkin, and apple pie. It was delicious!!!

We visited with my mom and dad early in the evening. And I ate some super good cherry pie!

I really enjoyed the whole day. It was a different Thanksgiving than we have ever had, but it was a beautiful day. We have so much to be grateful for. Our homes, freedom, our religion, physical bodies and strength, our minds, family, friends... My list could go on and on. So grateful for this day to reflect and hope that we continue everyday to be grateful for all that we have. Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving too! Love you all!

No comments: