Sunday, March 15, 2009

2 with a NO!!!

Turning 2 is the best part of experiencing your child growing up. We had a wonderful party with family to celebrate the day. Each gift that was opened got a "W-O-W" from Kate, unless it was clothing. The clothes were tossed behind her back SO quickly. It was SO much fun!

Before the party, in the morning, she was able to open a Dora dress. (1st present to open.)


Here is her reaction! "YEAH!"

Pre-party fun with balloons and fuzzy slippers. Stylin'!

I will sit in the birthday chair.

Another present! I AM lucky!

Turning her back to open the presents!

Puzzles! My favorite - how did you know?

Since her birthday, she has perfected the art of saying "NO" with gusto I might add. She actually takes a huge breath before screaming the word each time. This might be encourage to the speech therapist that she is actually taking initiative to speaking on her own terms, but I might want a second opinion!

8 comments:

Sondra said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!! I looks like it was a hit! NO.... I think it is the right of the baby of the family to state that loud and clearly - giggle! Go Kate!

Why are you coming to Boise? You'll have to email me the details. So far - it looks like we will be around - nothing scheduled.

I hope we can connect while you are here. I'd love to see your little ones. Have a safe trip!

Echo said...

Three things. First, your hair is getting so long. Second, Happy Birthday Kate. Third, are you ever going to add me to your friends list, or what? haha

Melonie Harris said...

Looks like fun!! Wahooo. Terrible two's here you go!!!!

Stringham Family said...

How fun! Glad she had a good birthday and seems to be doing a little better! Hope you continue to see improvements! Happy Birthday Kate!

Robyn said...

Glad to see some pictures from Kate's big day! Glad that she says something now- too bad it is NO! Kids! :)

McKenzie said...

I SO love this age--- 2 is GREAT!! Little cutie Kate! She is precious!

Josi said...

What a cutie! Glad she had a fun day!

Warth Family said...

Well, we know how much Kate loves presents! Happy Birthday Dora, I mean, Miss Kate! Does saying "NO" mean you are to be expecting the terrible two's?