Sunday, March 8, 2009

PARENT-SIZED


Kids are so much fun! I think one of the best things about being a parent is hearing all of the funny things they say. Friday night around the dinner table, Dawson started a very interesting conversation.

Dawson: "I can't wait until I'm parent-sized! When you are kid-sized, you don't get to do what you want to do! When I am parent-sized, I will get to do what I want to do. When I am parent-sized, I am going to watch TV while my kids clean up the house!"

Our conversation from there went something like, "Do you think that mom and dad always get to do what they want to do?" The answer (from both Dawson and Faith,) "Yes!" I guess that it's true that you don't truly understand something until you've done it or been in their shoes!

5 comments:

McKenzie said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so funny! I love how they just come up with their own words, too. Like "parent sized" instead of grown up or something! Funny babes!

Melonie Harris said...

Zoey.. your so funny!! Yeah I'll try Kate!! We can do fun ones to try to get her to smile and have fun!!

Kraus said...

That sounds like something Dawson Would say. He is so funny!your blog is so cute.

Rhonda said...

That is so cute. If only they knew it was way more fun to be kid sized vs parent sized. We have to keep reminding Autumn to slow down it is so much more fun when you are not an adult and have all the adult responsibility that goes with it.

Munns Madness said...

You have such a cute family I love the parent sized story Kids say the cutest things. See you tonight