Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday Surprise!


Saturday afternoon, Brandon told me that I could turn on water which is located in my stamp room (the main water valve). (We are remodeling the bathroom - another post that will come at the end.) As I turned the knob, water rushed out like a faucet. I went to get my husband and he kindly told me just a minute. I (probably impatiently) told him he had to come right away. In the process, I started grabbed my scrapbook papers off the floor in time to notice that my entire pants were I leaned down was soaked. That's when I started yelling for help. We shut off the water, called the plumber to figure out why the main valve was leaking, and then we called the carpet people in our ward to see what to do about the carpet. We have air pushers down in that room to try and save what we can. The top picture is of the wall. The bottom (if you can tell) is the wet carpet. Everywhere we stepped became dark because it was wet.

9 comments:

McKenzie said...

OH!!! So NOT fun!! I'm sorry things aren't going well! Oh--and I am not avoiding you. My phone is almost dead, can't find charger, and waiting for body shop to call me back about my van. We had a little mishap this weekend too. NO--no wreck, but totally jammed sliding door... =(

Sondra said...

Oh, I'm sorry... I hate disasters. Especially in the midst of re-doing your bathroom. Luckily you have people you can call in your ward. To bad things always come our way tochallenge us - don't they?

Hopefully, you'll find all the kinks and get them fixed as you re-do the bathroom for a nice new house. Too bad it happened on your Birthday!! Happy birthday again!

Love ya!

Melonie Harris said...

ohhhhhhh man what a mess!! Dang it!! hopefully all your scrap stuff isn't ruined!! Yikes!! Sorry!

Ashley Reno said...

I am so sorry. That does not look fun at all. I hope the rest of your birthday was ok.

Josi said...

So not a fun birthday surprise! If you need any help with anything, let me know. BTW, Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day, despite the mess!

Rhonda said...

Oh yuck. Not a fun way to spend your birthday. Plus with the bathroom being redone also. I hate being in remodel mess. Glad you had a great time in Boise. Sondra is a great cook and thanks for bringing the bread back it was yummy (thanks Sondra). Sorry the concert was so crowded. I didn't know you went there to see him. I thought you were going to the I.F. one or Poc. one. My girls wanted to go bad but of course no tickets.

Brian and Tracy Atkinson said...

All I can say is WOW and Sorry :(

Echo said...

I sure hope they got that fixed for you. That is one downfall of owning your own home.

UrgentCookie said...

Zoey, I am so sorry this happened. I hope you have it all figured out and that things go better with the remodel in the future!