Friday, March 6, 2009

a "HAIRY" day


Monday night the family (minus Faith) drove down to Utah because Kate's surgery was at 8:00 am (check in at 630 am). We stayed at Brandon's brother and sister in law's house in Riverton. (Amy & Justin - thank you SO much for letting us spend the night!!! You are lifesavers!) The night was sleepless - only 3 hours of sleep. Kate didn't have her crib and she can't waking up crying and wimpering. Maybe she knew that something was going to happen.

After 3 hours of sleep, we awoke and headed out at 5:45 am. We arrived right on time to a waiting room full of children and parents. As we walked in the door, Kate turned to me and said "Nack!" (snack) I felt SO bad telling her that she didn't need a snack. She asked about 10 times, but then moved on to the motherload of toys there for the kids to play with.

Kate was upset to put on the pajama gown so we gave her stickers. Then, Kate picked out a little tikes car to drive into the pre-op area. We walked down the halls to surger with her until 'the point'. I joked about them having to put her to sleep in the car and they informed me that they have done that plenty of times before. How cute!

19 minutes later the doctor told us that the surgery went well - the right ear looked good, the left ear was full of infection. That was at 8:14 am. By 9:00 am, I was a little worried because we hadn't been able to go back yet. Turns out that Kate was just a little extra tired from only have 3 hours of sleep. She was a little harder to wake up. She drank 2 cups of juice and still wanted more. Amy drove Dawson up to meet us. We went home quickly and got a nap in to complete our day.

Here are a few pictures of the 'HAIRY' day!


Kate in the waiting room asking for a 'nack!'



Kate ready to 'drive' into surgery.



After surgery she finally gets a 'juice' which is just about as good as a 'nack'.



"CHEESE! Do you like my hair?"

7 comments:

Melonie Harris said...

Sweet hair!!I am glad all is well!!!

Ashley Reno said...

I am glad everything went well. She is a cutie!

Sondra said...

It's always soooo good to see Kate smile a big smile - even with crazy hair - LOL! I love all the little extra's they have to make the children feel comfortable to be in a hospital. I love the idea of driving down to surgery - so very smart!

She looks great drinking her juice - after the surgery... That is wonderful! I'm glad you had a much better trip this time (instead of leaving the medical papers home).

I sure hope and pray that this will fix your little one and she won't have a constant ear infection and can get off drugs.. Poor little Kate!

Thanks as always for blogging the trip, surgery and results.. I've kept looking for your update and yeah you posted it!!

Love you! Aunt Sondra

McKenzie said...

Oh!! She is SO sweet!! That's so cute that she drove the car to her surgery!! When Cordel as there, they had me hold him until he was asleep. Of course, he was just barely one at that point! It's nice to know that they "cater" to the kids, ya know?

Zoey said...

Just an added apology that I hadn't posted this earlier. In all honesty, it's been a hard week and I didn't get to it as fast as I would have hoped!

Warth Family said...

Sierra thinks you styled Kate's hair so cute! Our prayers are still going out for that little munchkin.

Echo said...

sounds like everything went well. I am glad. Sure miss being you Chubbuck. Are you enjoying b-ball..are they still doing it?