Friday, June 12, 2009

Bedroom TV = NOT SAFE

For those of you who have ever seen any little boy watch TV, you might know what I mean. Dawson comes into our room on occasion to watch TV. His eyes are completely, utterly, 100 % focused on that small TV screen. His body is completely, utterly, and 100% moving, twisting, jumping, hopping, rolling, wiggling, etc. For the past 2 months, it has been real bad.

On Wednesday, Dawson was doing his TV watching, and literally flew off the bed and hit the baseboard heater. He cried for 1/2 hour + and we had nurse grandma come to take a peek. He could wiggle his fingers, bend his wrist, and move his entire arm.

Thursday, he was particularly whiny and even called the children at library storytime "hideous". Thursday evening, Brandon thought that he would 'test' it to see. He made sure Dawson was completely distracted (very easy to do) and touched his wrist. I guess that Dawson went ballistic! Not to mention that he just stopped moving his arm.

Friday morning, we ran him into the urgent care to see what they thought. They took x-rays, and sure enough, he has a buckle fracture at the wrist.


It is in a splint right now which already has positives and negatives. Positive - he can still bathe no problem. Negative - he won't leave it along and it hurts to re-wrap it. This is for 3 weeks, but I'm thinking maybe 4. I guess that we'll see!

Make sure that you pass on this information to all of your friends - a boy watching TV on a bed is NOT SAFE!!! LOL!

7 comments:

Kraus said...

I think I'll take the T.V. over the trampoline :)

Zoey said...

True, though you just can't imagine how many times he really falls off! The doctor asked how high our bed is - it's just the standard height!

Erica Bazil said...

Oh No! Hope it's not too painful. I'll have to keep that in mind - we have quite the character of a boy and it sounds just like something he'd do.

Sondra said...

I can't believe the medical issues your poor family has been having... Oh My!!! I sure hope you've been through it all now and things can get back to normal..

Poor little Dawson!!

Robyn said...

Boys! I guess I should take the comment he made to my girls lightly since he had a broken arm. ;)

Warth Family said...

Oh my gosh! Your family definetly should have some kind of stock in the medical field. Or at least a discount by now. Poor Dawson!

Rhonda said...

Ouch poor Dawson. I hope this doesn't ruin any fun summer plans.