Monday, June 8, 2009

Weeding

My favorite hobby right now is weeding - NOT! However, last week I spent 9 hours in my small front yard, weeding and planting flowers. It's amazing how different a yard can look when you spruce it up a little bit. My mom came over and helped us paint the front door. This happens to be the second color - the first we started 2 years ago (please don't laugh), but we were never able to finish it. Then, my mom mentioned that it was too purple, and all of a sudden I realized what was wrong with the red. Funny huh?

I don't have any before pictures, but here are some after pictures. (If it would stop raining, we could mow our front yard too!)

The burm:
Closer of the left side:
Now the right: (yes, we still need to take care of the hose)
Around the tree:
The view from the street: (did I mention that Brandon really got involved as well and trimmed up both trees - we filled a small truck's bed full of limbs and then some)
The front door:
And now I get to start on the back of the house. With any luck, but the time fall hits, we might have been able to pull all the weeds and kept them away!!! This time, I will take before pictures!!!

5 comments:

Josi said...

Looks wonderful! Want to come weed my yard? :-)

Erica Bazil said...

You have such a cute house/yard. We have the basics going on with our yard but we're hoping, next year, to do more like a garden, more flowers, something around our trees, etc. You have done a great job.

Sondra said...

Everything looks wonderful! Isn't it a great feeling. Every day as I walk out the door - I am so proud of my hard work. It's a great feeling - even though it's a hard job. I'm excited to see the flowers fill in - you have to post pictures again when they are bigger too!

I love the red door - wow!

The whole yard view is awesome. The trees look great! Very nice!

Rhonda said...

It all looks really great. We battle the weeds non stop. it doesn't help to have a pasture behind us and a field to the side of us. I hate weeds, but we are sure good at growing them.

Echo said...

It is hard to survive without the internet for a month! By the way, thanks for your e-mails, it is nice to know someone is thinking of me. I just got done reading your blog. Sorry about Dawson's wrist, that's too bad. Oh, and your house looks great! (wish I had one :o) ) Hope everything is going good. Tell eveyone I said hello and that we are surviving the Dallas heat!