Sunday, April 3, 2011

GATHERED TOGETHER TO HEAR THE WORDS

This weekend is my favorite holiday weekend. It is conference weekend, where we gather together as families to hear the words our prophets and apostles speak to us.

After our tent had an accident flying across our street, we had to wait to buy a new tent. This year, we purchased it!!!

It is an 8 person tent and the whole tent is 6 feet tall!!! Did I mention that it has a hinged door?
Here are a few pictures:

Setting up the tent was a bit of a challenge in since it is 9x13. We made it happen though!

The monkey:



Can't wait to read and sleep down here:

Running away from the camera:

Caught:

Here is the set up for conference this year. We used tv trays for our conference packets. I even printed off a packet for myself. (It went so well, that I will definitely do it again.)


Mayday, mayday, we have a blinker!


Our conference wall set up:

Kate's conference wall set up:

Cooking breakfast Saturday morning:

Conference food:

Frozen pudding pops:


We had plenty of treats including spray cheese (a specialty at our house) and a traditional turkey meal with homemade rolls. I spent Friday preparing most of the food so that we could enjoy Saturday and Sunday.

Last session of conference, I took pictures of my boys:


It was SO good to be able to feel the spirit and be with my kids all weekend, even if there was powdered sugar on my car this morning!

No comments: