Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A GREEN BEAN TALE

In our quest to eat healthier, we have begun to add 'mandatory' vegetables at dinner. Unfortunately, not everyone in our family is as excited about trying new vegetables and eating healthier.

Sunday night, we had green beans. Dawson did not eat his 1 green bean.

Monday night, we had green beans. (I know that it was monotonous.) Dawson was given 2 green beans to eat, 1 for Sunday and 1 for Monday.

He gagged and choked his first green bean down his throat. Then came time to eat green bean #2. He had Pespi this time to soften the blow of tasting healthy, green food. Unfortunately, he shoved his fingers in his mouth to shove the green bean down. This action caused him to begin to gag and choke. And up came the second green bean (with chicken chunks), followed by the first green bean (with more chicken chunks).


Needless to say, I could not finish my green beans after cleaning up Dawson's green beans.

I had heard about an idea from Family Fun a few years ago with a Food Explorer Passport. I also found it here on this blogspot. I have bought little notebooks and hope to begin our Food Explorer Passport for all of the kiddos early next week.

I'm not sure if it will change the upturned noses and complaints, but as long as I am not cleaning up vegetable chunks at the dinner table, I know that it will be a success.

No comments: