Sunday, April 3, 2011

MY TOP 3

Looking through blogs a few months ago, I saw a blog that had their top 3 conference talks last October. I thought that it was a fun idea, so I thought that I would share. (Hopefully, I can add quotes soon.)

In no particular order, here goes:

Elder Jeffery R. Holland

He really touched me as he talked at the end of conference that each speaker is inspired to prepare messages that will touch us. Not every message will be for us, but if the speakers teach by the spirit and if we listen to the spirit, we will be blessed. We know that God lives and speaks to us today, and that President Thomas S. Monson is the true prophet.

President Henry B. Eyring

President Eyring spoke on the church welfare system and one of my favorite hymns "Have I Done Any Good?" In short, he challenged us to turn our feelings of sympathy into a decision to act unselfishly. We should become self reliant and then give of our surplus and seek out the poor. We should include our children in service that we give. When we do these things, we will feel of the blessings of unity.

Elder Carl B. Pratt

His message on tithing was worded fantastically. He said that tithing is not a matter of money, but a matter of faith. Pay it first and pay it honestly. Tithing is divorce insurance. One of the reasons that I loved his talk was the first and last part ---
When we obey the commandments, we are blessed. Then the windows of heaven will be poured out.
I think that this is true not only in tithing, but also in the other commandments. There are so many blessings and tender mercies that come to us daily when we follow the Savior's example.


No comments: