Thursday, February 19, 2009

a date for Kate

This is a quick update on our baby! Miss Kate will be having surgery again on Tuesday, March 3rd at Primary Children's. We will be replacing her set of tubes with another. While they are in there, they will see if there is any infection that we can culture (for the third time), rinse the middle ear with saline and then antibotic ear drops, and then put in the new set. Originally we had thought that we would just do this procedure in Pocatello, but after talking to Dr. Muntz, we were impressed to go to Utah. Yes, it is a long drive for something simple, but maybe this will help.

Kate has had a lifetime of illness in the short 2 years of her life. Her birthday is Saturday. We will be celebrating on Sunday with family. She loves her brother and sister, loves Dora, and is actually starting to talk and smile more. We love her so much. I often wonder if I have done enough. We really are hoping and praying that one day we can report good health.

Here is the first attempt at taking pictures in the cold. She didn't really cooperate with our photographer, so (if mom gets her way) we will be getting some sort of other pictures done as well.

Here she is crying her eyes out!
Thinking "Is this really worth it Mom???"

"I will smile for a sucker, candy, or chocolate!"

Here is the smile we see regularly!!!

Quickly outside with rosy cheeks and nose!

Hope you enjoy seeing our 'baby'!

5 comments:

Sondra said...

2 years old... times goes by so fast! She is soooo very cute! I loved the pictures - even the crying one - LOL.

I'll be praying for her. I hope that this works and she can get healthy. I'm glad you are going to Primary's Hospital... I would go there too. Anything to get this figured out and healed/fixed.

You two are such great parents! I hope little Miss Kate has a wonderful birthday!

Robyn said...

Little Kate...getting older but still so little! If you have to take new pictures at least you will have some really cute clips for her hair. :)

McKenzie said...

I love how you did her hair! It's so cute! I'm also glad that you decided to go to SLC for her new tubes. She's so sweet!

Erica Bazil said...

Your little girl is darling. I love her hair too! I hope all goes well with her surgery.

Stringham Family said...

Wow! I can't believe how big she is getting and how long her hair is. She is so cute! I hope everything goes well with her surgery and all of that yucky stuff. Poor girl! Good Luck!