Friday, February 27, 2009

A Name Game!

It's a NAME GAME!

Three great friends are having babies this summer. One was hoping for a boy, but is having a girl. The second in line is having a boy but was hoping to have a girl. The third is finding out next month!


The second friend, Angela, (having a boy but was expecting the girl) has absolutely NO idea what to name their child. For the record, they have three beautiful (and I mean BEAUTIFUL) children, Sierra (5), Robbie (3), and Bridger (2).


So, what's in a name, you ask? Well, for me:

First, it has to flow just right. I practice yelling the full names just to see how it sounds.

You have to make sure that the initials don't spell anything bad. There are a lot of bad 3 letter words out there!

Then, you have to go to the Social Security website and see how popular the name was the year before. Statistics say that if you name your child a name in the top ten, there will be at least three other children in every class with their name.

Finally, there are websites that let you know what other parent's might think about that name. Is it well liked? What do others think about when they hear the name? What will the kids tease them about their name?


SO, it has become a personal mission to find a BOY name for Angela. Will you help me? Remember the other names (all 2 syllables) Sierra, Robbie, Bridger. The last name is Warth. Please send me as many suggestions as possible. She can't wait to hear all of our great ideas. I know it's not a contest, but I am wanting to win this one!

4 comments:

Sondra said...

Tristan is the boy name I am loving right now.

Do you really do all of those things when you picked out the names of your children??

WOW!!

Warth Family said...

Zoey, I love you! I find it both touching and hilarious that you want to take on this task of helping us find a name for our unborn child! You must really understand our need to find a name. Is there really nothing out there fitting enough, or maybe we are just being to picky? Whatever the case, we love and appriciate all suggestions! Thank you for making a special post just for our sake, you are in it to win aren't you!

Robyn said...

I like the names McCoy and Kason. But I think babies should just come with a name tag. Much easier!

McKenzie said...

My two other boy names were Jackson and Preston. Shane vetoed both right off the bat! As you know, we compromised on Cordel, for which I am so thankful! I also love the name Tristan...cute!