Sunday, April 5, 2009

MY FAVORITE

General Conference is always a fun time at our house.

This year, my mother and sister (Tracy) came over to help do some cleaning to get my house ready to go. It really made all of the difference. I have never seen my kitchen tile so light before!

And although I need to go and read and re-read the Ensign when it will get here, I really enjoyed conference overall. My favorite talk given was by Margaret S. Lifferth. She talked about increased reverence. OH, how we need that! I am hoping to do a family home evening soon on that topic soon! For those of you who cannot wait until the hard copy gets here, online versions in English will be available on Thursday. YEAH!

I guess that I should also add that a new apostle was added in place of Joseph B. Wirthlin. (I just added vinyl in my kitchen that says "Come what may and Love it! - Joseph B. Wirthlin" I looks awesome - come and see it!) Anyways, his name is Neil L. Andersen and he grew up in Pocatello. Small world! From the church's website:

Prior to his call as a General Authority, Elder Andersen served as a mission president in the France Bordeaux Mission, and as president of the Tampa Florida Stake.

Elder Andersen was born in Logan, Utah, and raised in Pocatello, Idaho, on a dairy farm where he remembers, "typical Idaho farm work, from morning to night.” In high school, he excelled in student government, serving as governor of Idaho Boys State.

He graduated from Brigham Young University, where he was a presidential scholar, and earned a Masters of Business Administration from Harvard University. After completing his education, he settled in Tampa, Florida, where his business interests included advertising, real estate development, and health care.

Elder Andersen and his wife, Kathy Williams Andersen, are the parents of four children and twelve grandchildren.

If you haven't watched it all yet, do it! I always feel so uplifted after a long weekend like this one. Let me know 'what was your favorite talk?' I'd love to hear your comments!

3 comments:

Heather said...

My favorite talk was Jeffery R. Holland's talk during the Sunday morning session. He talked about how the Savior was all alone during his last days of life...so we never need to be alone. It was VERY powerful.

Zoey said...

I cried a lot Sunday morning and agree that that one was also great!

Warth Family said...

There were way to many good ones to choose from! Sunday sessions were probably some of my favorite. It was totally amazing to experience conference in person! Something I highly recommend to everyone! Neil L. Andersen went to school with my mother-in-law, and my in-laws were neighbors with his parents when they first got married. They were super excited about him being called! I loved conference!