Monday, April 13, 2009

Coupons again - check it out!

Okay. Here is my trip today. I would have liked to do better, but again, I am just learning.

In this first picture (or first trip), I bought 1 lb. ground turkey, 3 lite cool whips, 2 packages of Lipton dried soup mix, 4 packages of cream cheese, 6 boxes of crystal light on the go, and 2 packages of cubed steaks (1 large, 1 small).


The total came to $19.47.

This next picture's purchase was 2 packages of Lipton dried soup, 2 cans of refried beans, 4 jars of peanut butter, 4 packages of marshmallows, 1 package of cream cheese, dreyers ice cream, snuggle fabric softener sheets, 2- 1 lb. packages of ground turkey, and stew meat.

The total here is blurry, but it is $19.70.


And finally, my kids really needed some 'fun' cereal and I was out of cake mixes (a staple at our house). This was not the best deal, but still okay (4 stars and not 5). 1 box of Cheerios, 1 box of Cocoa Puffs, 1 box of Trix, and 2 cake mixes.


The total came to $6.75.


I also bought a gallon of milk - $2.12 (including tax) - not the best, but I was already there.

SO, The grand total that I spent WAS $48.04.

NOW FOR THE GOOD PART!!! Here is what I saved:
Preferred savings: $49.69
Manufacturer's coupons: $14.25
Store Coupons: $20.00
TOTAL SAVINGS: $83.94

SO, if you are still thinking that you would like to do this, please email me at jolleys136@hotmail.com and let me know. If there is interest, I can put together a 'beginner's couponing class' or even just email you the forwards that I get for the great deals of the week! Let me know how I did this time!

5 comments:

Just Us said...

I would be interested, but since I am not in Poky anymore I am not sure if it would work? We have a Ridleys here that I shop at. I bet my mom (DeDe) and Amber would like to do it to...I will let you know
:0) thanks for offering!!

Ashley Reno said...

I am interested. I love seeing how much you saved. I think you are doing great.

Stringham Family said...

Wow, I'm am amazed, I need to get into it, but right now is not the right time, maybe when we get all moved and stuff.

The Z-Pack said...

Please send me the forwards! I'm ready to get into this couponing stuff.

The Garvin's said...

hey Zoey! count me in, this is something i have been wanting to do, i just don't know where to start.
amber garvin