Saturday, April 25, 2009

Homemade Bread!

During our trip to Boise for spring break, we brought back 6 loaves of bread from my Aunt Sondra. She is an amazing woman and an amazing cook! Each loaf went to a different family. Let me tell you how delicious it was! So, we finally made our first loaf last week. We ground our own wheat with a hand grinder. Then we tried it with the Bosch mixer and with the bread maker (just the dough setting). I'll let you guess which loaf is done with the bread maker.

Here are the first two loaves:


And the loaf from today! I just love the smell of fresh baked bread.
Click here (on my Aunt Sondra's blogspot) for step by step instructions.

2 comments:

Melissa Fisher said...

Hey! I found your blog from Liz Orem's blog. When I have more time I'm going to spend some serious time on your blog learning how to use my wheat for homemade bread and clip coupons! Seriously---both are right up my alley!

Warth Family said...

Looks great! Nothings better than homemade fresh bread! Still making it?