Thursday, April 23, 2009

One last time - I promise!

So I wanted to blog one more time about couponing. (I know, I know - but it's the last time, really!)

Here is the picture of what I bought yesterday at Albertsons.


Going from left to right, 1 box of toaster pastries, 2 cans of frosting, 2 cookie mixes, 2 warm delights, 2 40 oz. packages of Bisquick, muffin mix, 10 yogurts, 1 box of granola bars, 1 box of strudles, and 2 packages of biscuits. (There was a total of 25 items.)

The total came to $18.08 (tax included) - the savings from Albertsons was $37.21.

Today, I went to do all of my regular grocery shopping and compared prices with WinCo. If I would have shopped at WinCo for these items, the total would have been $33.06 (tax included). If I would have used my manufacturers coupons at WinCo, the total price would have been $26.96 - so I still saved $8.88!

I figure every little bit saved helps my family, even if it's just a few dollars. Everyone can do it!!! Just ask me how.

My sister blew me out of the water though. I look forward to six months down the road when I will be able to do as well as she is doing right now. By then, though, she'll probably have the stores owing her money!!!

2 comments:

Stringham Family said...

Ok, don't stop blogging about this, I love to see what you are doing and saving. I really enjoy it, and it gives me hope that maybe in a few weeks when we get all moved I might be able to get into this. Keep blogging, I love it!

McKenzie said...

Thanks for the price comparing the prices! That really shows how much you really are saving! It's amazing!