Wednesday, April 8, 2009

LATEST COUPONING TRIP

My sister Robyn is a coupon queen! She is awesome and though I am just getting started (I think that I've only been 4 or 5 times), I enjoy it and can't wait to do it more.

This weekend I started my coupon binder - a work in progress. This will take me quite a bit of time to update each week, but then I will also be able to save SO much money!

Here is the picture of what I bought last night:
I bought 5 boxes of cereal (2 Raisen Bran, 3 Honey Bunches of Oats), 2 lysol wipes, 2 packages of toilet paper, 4 packages of Easter candy (2 butterfinger eggs and 2 starburst jelly beans), 1 dozen eggs, Reynolds Foil, and Colgate toothpaste. My grand total - $8.75 (that includes tax).

So, you tell me - how did I do?

11 comments:

Robyn said...

Glad i could help. Now, just get that binder together. You can really work some magic with all those coupons. This is just the beginning. :)

Heather said...

Okay, so I want to know how you do it. I know several people who manage to save loads of money...only I can't seem to figure the whole process out. Will you teach me? Please?!

Zoey said...

Yes Heather - I would love to teach you, though I am just a baby at this! Let's chat about it when we talk next OR I can email you some starting tips!

Sondra said...

Woo Hoo!! Isn't it fun??? I love getting a great deal!! I'm proud of you for starting to do it. Look at all the mega bucks you saved! this.

Woo Hoo again!!

Stringham Family said...

Wow! That is amazing! I need to learn how to coupon. That is an awesome deal! Good for you!

McKenzie said...

HOLY COW! I am so proud of you! You may inspire me to do the same some day when I'm not so innately lazy... wishful thinking? prolly...

Melonie Harris said...

Okay I want to play!! Teach me too Zoey!!

Dani said...

I clip coupons once in a while but that is amazing. What is couponing? And what is this binder you are talking about. Im all about saving money at the store....especially food.

Erica Bazil said...

Teach me too Zoey! What exactly are you doing with your binder. I love to save money and am always saving coupons but it would help to be organized! Let me in on your secrets :)!

Warth Family said...

Sounds like you need to start a couponing seminar! You've started something in this economic ression, we all need help to save an extra buck or two! Way to go Zoey!

The Z-Pack said...

Way to go Zoey! We don't take the paper, so I'll just have to read about your couponing adventures.