Tuesday, July 31, 2012

LEAVING BOISE TOO QUICKLY - PART 3

Sunday morning, we had plenty of time to be lazy and watch the Olympics (YEAH!) before sacrament meeting.  Our family loaded up early because Faith was at Sondra's and I needed to do her hair.  Hung out at Sondra's for awhile, and ate lunch there too.

Right when we were getting ready to leave, somehow the keys got locked into the car Richard and Rhonda were driving.  So here we were, ready to leave, and they couldn't get in.  Oh, and did I mention the car was running???  Ugh!  It was an awful 10 minutes, but Richard got in!  Hurray!

Rushing in the car, get to the church, and see that 1 bench will not be enough room for everyone, so our little family sat alone.  Kind of sad. The program happened to be a missionary who was leaving, a quartet of young men, and Shawn Stadlbauer, my cousin, who was returning from his mission.

The guy that was leaving did a fantastic job!  He seems so ready to go out and serve the Lord.  I have no doubt that he will make a fantastic missionary.  I'm sure his family is proud.  The quartet sang "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go" acapella, which has taken on new meaning in my life.  The Sunday Ang Warth and her family left to move to Kansas, we sang that song in sacrament (or I should say almost everyone sang while I cried).  It is very moving to me.  And finally, Shawn shared a couple of stories and related them to gospel principles.  It was a very nice program!!!

We hurried quickly to get on the road and back home.  When I looked at the clock, it was 2:32.  A whole 24 1/2 hours in Boise!!!  WOW!  That was such a quick trip.  We were grateful that we were able to go up and be closer with family, some of which we don't usually see or talk to much.

Thank you Boise for a fun, but rushed time!  You know we'll be back!!!

No comments: