Friday, April 5, 2013

CONFERENCE COUNTDOWN

This year, I tried to find a balance between cool and not killing myself to get everything ready for conference.  I found such a fun idea on a blog and decided to make a replica of some sorts.  It was called General Conference Countdown.

The idea is simple.  Starting 15 days before conference starts, you begin preparing yourself.  You talk about the Prophet and Apostles, read scriptures and quotes about conference, sing songs like Follow the Prophet and We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet, etc.  It was so much fun and boy did those days fly by!  Next time, I think that I will take a picture of what we do everyday.


The one day I did take a picture was "Do a service."  We went to a house close by that is currently vacant and picked up pinecones.  Then, we did some quickly in our yard too.  About 10 minutes later, the kids had found over 8 grocery bags full pinecones!  Very fun and easy to do.


What a great experience this was for us and the kids!

No comments: