Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TOP THREE APRIL 2013

Conference is always so great! I just love, love, love hearing these inspiring words. My top three favorite conference talks this spring were:

President Thomas S. Monson's talk Obedience Brings Blessings.
Do you remember what it was like to be 8 years old? Things make perfect sense and you could not foresee the consequences. He said, "We learn obedience throughout our lives. Beginning when we are very young, those responsible for our care set forth guidelines and rules to ensure our safety. Life would be simpler for all of us if we would obey such rules completely. Many of us, however, learn through experience the wisdom of being obedient." Isn't that the truth!

Sister Rosemary M. Wixom's talk The Words We Speak.
"How we speak to our children and the words we use can encourage and uplift them and strengthen their faith."  She tells a story of a child being lost in a fabric store. Hearing his mother's panic voice, the boy hid and remained quiet, until another mother whispered his name throughout the store, "Connor."  And he answered, "Here I am."

Stanley G. Ellis' talk The Lord's Way.  Elder Ellis is a member of the Quorum of the Seventy.

"As we see so many in the world today living in confusion or, worse, wandering in forbidden paths and suffering unnecessarily the consequences of poor choice, it makes me want to exclaim as did Alma:
'Oh that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!' (Alma 29:1)

"Again, I witness the Lord has the way!  Our Heavenly Father knows us, love us, and wants to help.  He knows best how to help."

If you haven't yet heard the LDS General Conference from April, what are you waiting for? I will be re-reading these (one talk every week) to keep their counsel fresh in my mind and hopefully their actions fresh on my body!

No comments: