Friday, September 7, 2012

KETCHIKAN, AK - DAY #6

Ketchikan was a super short stop. I loved coming here because my friend and her husband (Ang and Rob) come here every year to go Salmon fishing.  After breakfast, we had less than 3 hours to explore.  We did not do any excursions, but spent our time shopping.

Ketchikan is the Salmon Capital of theWorld AND the Rain Capital of the US.  But on this beautiful September day, it was beautiful and full of sunshine!

I loved this bus boat too!  I think that this could have been SO much fun!

The view from the cruise ship




We spent the day looking for a couple of souvenirs and enjoying our time.  We also went hunting for Pepsi for Jerry for his birthday.  The look on his face when we got on the ship and he realized that they only had Coke was priceless.

Brandon and I also call our princess Kate to find out how her first day of kindergarten went.  (Our kindergarten is every other day, so this was her day off.)  She was sweet when she talked about how much she was going to love Chubbuck Elementary!  It was a good couple of minutes on the phone with her!

This was the view of everyone trying to get back on the ship by noon!  It was pure craziness!

We also followed this boat landing.  It was VERY cool!




I believe that there were a couple of latecomers that got an actual BOO when they were getting back on, so we did not depart until about 1:00 pm.  Here was the view leaving!

I could definitely visit Ketchikan again since we did not have very much time here in that beautiful city!

That afterward, Brandon and I, along with Amy and Justin went to the back pool to take a swim.  It was a pretty cool swim, but fun none the less.  We uninvited Kathy with her camera, and I now wish that we would have had her come snap a few shots.  It was fun to relax and visit.

That night after dinner, we watched Movies under the Stars - Snow White and the Huntsman.  We caught the ending, watched that first, and then started the first part.  Kind of humorous how it happened, but it also gave Amy and I a chance to visit again.  I loved those moments!  Amy & I also headed back in early too because it was pretty cold, even with the blankets!

No comments: