Friday, September 23, 2011

TOO FAST

Do you ever worry that life is going too fast? That if you blink, somehow you will miss it?

That is how I have been feeling lately. This year will be the last year that Faith will participate in the primary program. Am I old enough to have an 11 year old? It will be the first time for Kate in the primary program. Where did the time go? Dawson was baptized and is already a cub scout. He makes macaroni and cheese by himself. When did they get so self-sufficient?

I remember eagerly waiting for Faith to arrive ... to hold this precious baby.

Then, Dawson came along to add to the fun and fairytale we call life. He was so opposite, but so much fun. I remember being able to stay home with him. No particular moments, except that I was there.

And, after much anticipation, we added Kate to our family. She was such a mommy's girl. She loved being held and being the 'baby'. The kids liked it too. I remember wondering who she was going to look like and what type of personality she would have.

I saw this in Kate's backpack from preschool 2 days ago. I am feeling like I need to slow down time. Yet, there are times when life gets so hard that I really want the day to end. I ask myself ... Why am I so emotional about something that is perfectly normal?

But they are just growing so fast.


"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself." ~Joyce Maynard

No comments: