Saturday, May 26, 2012

NO MORE SCHOOL

No more school, no more books,
No more teacher's dirty looks!

The close of another school year.

I can't believe how grown up my kids are and how much has changed in just 9 months.  Brandon changed jobs twice and I take another position at my work.  We were crazy all year, but now that's it's summer, I think that we've finally got it together!!!

Kate has finished her schooling at Lincoln Early Childhood Center.  We have been so pleased about her education and help with speech there.  More than anything, they love the kids and the kids love them.  She is very sad to leave preschool, but excited to start kindergarten at Chubbuck Elementary.

Miss Marie, Miss Kathy, and Mr. "Truck" (Chuck) and Kate

Dawson completed 2nd grade.  He made it through another year of school.  Dawson has the best imagination and is very sensitive to making sure everyone is happy and not being picked on.  I am so proud of him for working hard and can't wait to see what next year brings.

Dawson and Mrs. Schiffman

Faith has finished 5th grade and also elementary school!  The first 6 weeks of school, Faith did not take any AR tests (reading tests).  I talked to her teacher and we just couldn't figure it out.  Afterall, her nose is constantly in a book and she loves to learn and read.  The next 6 weeks, she had over 1000% of her AR goal.  Faith has LOVED 5th grade, her class, and her teacher, Mr. Muckerman.  He has truly been fantastic and has created a fun learning environment.  This year was a breath of fresh air for Faith!!!

Mr. Muckerman and Faith

5th grade graduation was a short presentation of diplomas, awards, and a slide show.  Faith was voted as 'Most likely to write a book.'  That totally and completely describes our beautiful young woman.

Receiving her diploma


Faith's class humored me and took a few 'last day of school' pictures





After school, I met the kids at the bus stop to tell them congratulations on finishing out the school year.  Oh, and I had cookies to share!!!

We also saw our baby Sam too.  I couldn't resist throwing in this one too because you can see how much they have grown!

Happy summer!

No comments: