Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I AM THANKFUL #10

I am thankful for laughter. It may seem like a simple thing, but it helps put a smile on my face every time. One of the best forms of laughter at my house is from a little guy named Dawson. He is so much of every emotion. He is the best cuddler, the best hugger, the most upset, the most dramatic, and definitely the sweetest.

Lately, he has been obsessed with giving massages. He tells you that he will give you a massage and it is like 'heav-en!' In school one day, he is working in a group with an aid (whom Dawson loves and adores.) The kid next to him is getting frustrated and upset because he just can't get it. Dawson tells him, 'Look. We just can't be good at everything. I'm good at massages. What are you good at? Let's look at your hands.' Kid opens his hands and he says, 'Those look like good hands for massages.' By the end of the group, Dawson had him believing that he could do anything in the world. The aid can't laugh, so tears stream down her face. What a sweet and funny boy!

Here are some of his faces:




Dawsonisms
Being a grown up is a great responsibility
When I am parent-sized ...
My top skin feels 'spicy'

No comments: