Monday, November 22, 2010

I AM THANKFUL #20

I am thankful for wonderful friends. In my patriarchal blessings, it says that I will be blessed by good friends. I can honestly say that I have seen this in so many ways in my life already. My friends are like family; I could call them and ask for help, for a listening ear, or for a hug. I am thankful for friends.

I will go in alphabetical order as not to show favoritism.

Ang

I am thankful for Ang because she never fails to make me laugh. And whenever we make it to the gym, the workouts are the bomb! Love you Ang!

Anya

I am thankful for Anya for making sure that girls night actually happens. She is the best, knowing when you need chocolate. I hope that I can return the chocolate at some point!!! Thanks Anya!

Heather

Heather is a life long friend. We have been friends for 27 years. Crazy, huh? She is one that I know will always be there. When we've gone a month without talking, I know that when we pick up the phone, it will not be awkward or weird. We pick up where we left off last. Heather - I'll call you soon!!! (hugs!)

Kristy

Kristy was more of a sister than a friend in high school and through college. Kristy has given me hope when I could not find it on my own. We have shared laughter and hugs through the good moments, tears and hugs through the bad moments. Just remember that I need a second towel Kristy!!!

Jenny

Jenny has been a wonderful influence in my life, whether it has been stamping, scrapbooking, or sewing (our latest love!). Thank you for sharing not only your friendship, but the hobbies that you are passionate about. It has given me things to also be passionate about!!! (P.S. Thank you for being such a great teacher. I can't wait to do it again!)

Peggey

Peggey is a new friend that I have been able to share gripes and concerns with. And although this may be just a reason that we are friends now, I hope that we will be friends for many years to come. Thank you for the wonderful emails lately that have made me smile!

Sara

Sara is the best at picking up the pieces and helping me to remember to breathe. Though she has been in the ward for 4 years, we have been friends for 7. She's one of those friends you don't want to let go because her smile is contagious, her personality is warm, and she is the dearest, kindest friend to those who know her. Thank you for including me in your friend list! Love you!

I hope that we can all be lifetime friends! Thank you for being a part of my life!

Reason, Season, or Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON,
it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty;
to provide you with guidance and support;
to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.

Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,
this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON,
because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

— Unknown


No comments: