Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I AM THANKFUL #2

I am thankful for the priesthood, and a husband who holds the priesthood.


"We can be healed through the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood. Jesus gave His Apostles power 'to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease' (Matthew 10:1; see also Mark 3:15; Luke 9:1-2). . . . Although the Savior could heal all whom He would heal, this is not true of those who hold His priesthood authority. Mortal exercises of that authority are limited by the will of Him whose priesthood it is. . . .

"Healing blessings come in many ways, each suited to our individual needs, as known to Him who loves us best. Sometimes a 'healing' cures our illness or lifts our burden. But sometimes we are 'healed' by being given strength or understanding or patience to bear the burdens placed upon us."
"He Heals the Heavy Laden," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 7-8 Dallin H. Oaks


I have had the opportunity to receive several priesthood blessings from my husband. I am grateful that I have been blessed and healed from the priesthood. My dad has also given me many blessings of healing when I have been through surgeries and sickness.

No comments: