Thursday, November 11, 2010

I AM THANKFUL #11

I am very thankful for good music. Throughout my life, I have been exposed to music. My mother is a singer, my father plays the trumpet and the piano, and his family, especially my grandpa, have all played instruments. I loved to hear my grandpa play the trumpet. He was in a band and was very talented.

I, too, have had the opportunity to play music. I started playing the piano when I was 7 or 8. (I'd have to ask my mom.) I only took lessons for about 3 years, but I can play quite a bit of music, and I love to play. Brandon purchased a beautiful piano for our anniversary with the help of my Aunt Chris and Aunt Sondra. It is very much treasured and feel so thankful that I have a piano of my very own.


Faith takes weekly lessons from grandma Cindy, my mom, and so we hear the piano almost everyday at our house. It is a lovely sound. I am thankful that my children will be exposed to music as well.

In 6th grade, I was able to play the flute in band. I had an awesome music director, Mrs. Leeds, who taught me very well. She was also my music director at Alameda Jr. High School. And in high school, another great music director, Mr. Ronk, directed us to several victories in the marching band. I have them on video tapes and love seeing what we were able to accomplish.

I am hopeful that my children will want to play music throughout their life and that it will touch them in the way that it has touched me.

“Music speaks what cannot be expressed,

soothes the mind and gives it rest,

heals the heart and makes it whole,

flows from heaven to the soul.”

No comments: