Thursday, November 25, 2010

I AM THANKFUL #22

I am thankful for food. There are so many delicious things to eat on the earth. I thought that I didn't like to cook, but I was so wrong. I love to make wonderful things to eat.


Things like homemade pot pie, chicken cor don bleu, and homemade rolls. You just can't go wrong.

Here is a recipe for a delicious and easy dessert that we made for Faith's birthday this year.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Sheet Cake

1 white cake mix
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 small pkg. cool whip
1 c. powdered sugar
Danish Dessert (strawberry)
Fresh Strawberries, sliced



Mix and bake cake as directed on a cookie sheet. While cake is cooking, make Danish dessert as directed on the box. Add the strawberries to Dessert. Mix well. Add cream cheese, cool whip, and powdered sugar together. When cake is cooled, spread frosting on cake. Spread mixed dessert and berries on top of frosting. Cool in refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour. Serve! (We add a dollop of cool whip on top as well.)

No comments: